To provide the students with a safe and congenial environment, the University ensures:
- Drug free, alcohol free, smoke free and ragging free campus.
- Patrolling across the campus.
- Deployment of CCTVs across the campus for round-the-clock surveillance.
- Installation of Fire Safety Kits in all buildings.
- Fire Brigade and Fire Safety Team to ensure fire safety and train the staff and students the mitigation techniques.
- Separate security officers for hostels to make them a safe place to stay in for the students and staff.
Security Advice to the students
There are certain measures/precautions a student needs to take to ensure that his/her belongings are safe and there is no loss of the property and information. The University cautions students:
- To lock their rooms and keep all the valuable material in the almirahs (laptops, mobiles, and wallets) provided in the hostels.
- Not to keep cash in the rooms and instead avail the banking facility.
- Not to keep gold ornaments and other valuables in the hostels.
- Not to give valuables like Laptops, mobiles etc. to strangers.
- Not to disclose their important information like ATM pin numbers, Bank Account numbers, password of laptops, security codes of cell phones, RMS account etc.
- To take proper care while using the social networking sites and not to disclose any significant information on public forums.
- Not to misuse the information provided by other students on the internet, otherwise a strict disciplinary action will be taken.
- To avoid indulging in any clashes with other students whatever the reason be.
- To report any unscrupulous phone calls and messages from any unknown numbers to the security office so as to trace them and resolve the case.
- To carry the ID cards when inside the campus.
The Communication Channel for security related issues in the hostel
The students are advised to first go to the Warden and the other staff in the hostel for assistance. If the problem still persists for any reason then he/she should contact the security office.
The Communication Channel for security related issues in the campus
The students are advised to first go to the Administrative Office for assistance. If the problem still persists for any reasons then he/she should contact the security office.
“ALL THE COMPLAINTS HAVE TO BE REGISTERED IN WRITTEN IN THE SECURITY OFFICE FOR EFFECTIVE FOLLOW-UP OF THE SAME.”