DMSF was born with a motive to overcome the shortage of doctors serving the rural communities and lack of specialist in urban centers of Mindanao, Philippines. DMSF with a strong urge and commitment to serve community opened its doors for medicine studies in July 1976, the first medical college in Mindanao province. DMSF is located on a 2.5 hectare land near the commercial hub of Davao city, which boasts of a stable climate, both in terms of its weather and politics. Courses are offered in medicine, nursing, midwifery and other specialized graduate programs. DMSF is a consortium having affiliations with Davao Medical Center, Davao Doctor’s Hospital, San Pedro Hospital, Southern Philippines Medical Centre and Brokenshire Memorial Hospital where students undergo clinical and clinical clerkship rotations.
Salient Features of DMSF:
- MCI listed university.
- WHO listed university.
- DMSF is registered with the state medical councils in the USA & Canada.
- Globally recognized degree.
- Affordable and quality education of international standards.
- Higher success rates for MCI & USMLE.
- FAIMER Recognized – can join PhD directly.
- ECFMG Recognized.
- Affiliation with 5 major hospitals in Davao for ideal student to patient ratio.
- Excellent hands on practice.
- Simulation mannequins, first of its kind in the Philippines.
- 3-D imagery dissection unit, first of its kind in the Philippines.
- 24 hours open Ultra modern library with an in-house coffee shop, group discussion rooms, individual carrels and Wi-Fi internet connectivity.
- Only university in the Philippines with more than 2000 Indian students on campus.
- Separate hostel facilities for Indian students along with Indian cuisine.
- Davao city has an international airport which serves with a good connectivity to India.