Short Note about MCI/FMGE
MCI – Medical Council of India screening test, also known as FMGE- Foreign Medical Graduates Examination. MCI/FMGE is a licensure examination for MBBS students which is conduct by the National Board of Examination (NBE) in India. MCI/FMGE shortly known as a screening test. This examination was introduced in 2002 as a qualifying examing for an Indian MBBS student who completes their MBBS course in other countries other than India. The medical school should have been listed in the WHO (World Health Organization). MCI/FMGE exam is held twice in a year in June and December.
Important factors of MCI/FMGE screening test
- Students who complete their MBBS courses from other countries and willing to practice in India, MCI is compulsory for them so that they can start their professional life in India. after successfully completing their screening test students are allowed to choose their career in the medical field.
- The Screening test is conducted to check on basic concepts, common sense, application of concepts, and ability to check the time management and also to check you are familiar with the core data.
- There is no limit to attend the exam. The minimum eligibility criteria to pass the screening test is 50% marks. The candidate who qualified the test can apply for his/her permanent or provisional registration
- The screening test is a very challenging exam for MBBS students. Only 50% of the candidates can clear this exam. But 80% of the Indian students who studied in DMSF (Davao Medical School Foundation, Philippines) giving 95%of passing scores in the MCI Screening Test.
FMGE (MCI Screening Test) coaching in DMSF
Davao medical school foundation has associated with DIAMS (DELHI INSTITUTE FOR ADVANCED MEDICAL STUDIES), New Delhi and had been conducting coaching classes for FMGE at its Chennai Campus.
DIAMS is the pioneer medical education coaching institution established in 2003, right when the Government regulated a mandatory screening test to be conducted by MCI.DIAMS has been training students in a professional way where winning in the first attempt shall not be a new thing. DIAMS has now become synonymous to success where FMGE’s from all over the globe have preferred DIAMS over others.
At the Chennai Centre highly conceptualized and update preparation are provided along with coaching by eminent and highly experienced, qualified faculty who are products of top medical institutions in the country like AIIMS, MAMC, LHMC, UCMS, PGI Chandigarh, JIPMER and many more and are focused to provide active environment, sharing their academic experience.
The Chennai campus provides conducive, apt environment and facilities for the FMGE students to focus on their crucial preparations for the screening test without having any additional burdens.
Points to remember
- The exam conducts twice a year.
- The exam will conduct only in the English language.
- There are 300 MCQs which are divided into 2 sections. Each section has 150 marks.
- Students who passed with a 50% mark in MBBS degree are eligible to attend the exam.
- There are no bars on the number of attempts for the MCI screening test.