Skip to content
1. WHAT IS THE ADVANTAGE OF STUDYING MEDICINE IN PHILIPPINES?
- English Speaking Country
- English Medium of Instruction
- Asian country with close proximity to India
- Easy accessibility with several daily flights
- Tropical climatic with disease pattern similar to India
- Syllabus and curriculum same as in India
- Affordable cost of education
- Excellent hands on practice
- Ideal student â€“ patient ratio
2. WHAT IS THE DEGREE OFFERED?
3. HOW IS IT DIFFERENT FROM MBBS?
- MBBS and MD are both primary medical qualifications. The degrees are equal (See ECFMG list of degrees recognized from different countries). MBBS is British System of Education whereas MD is American System of Education.
4. WHAT IS THE TOTAL DURATION OF THIS COURSE?
- Approximately 5 years and 4 months followed by one year internship
5. WHAT IS THE ELIGIBILITY FOR APPLYING?
- 12th Grade with minimum 50% in, Physics, Chemistry & Biology subjects and pass in English. And if the student belongs to reserved category, then a score of 40% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology is sufficient. Eligibility Certificate of the Medical Council of India before joining the MD course, for which our Indian office will assist the student in procuring the same.
6. HOW CAN I GET THE ELIGIBILITY CERTIFICATE FROM MCI?
- Our Indian office will assist the student in procuring the eligibility certificate from MCI.
7. CAN I DO MY INTERNSHIP IN INDIA?
- Yes. After completion of screening test and procuring the Provisional Registration of MCI
8. CAN I PRACTICE IN INDIA ON MY RETURN?
- Yes, after successful completion of Screening Test and Internship, the student is eligible to register with MCI and State Medical Council and can practice in India.
9. IS THERE ANY EXTRA FEES FOR THE SCREENING TEST?
- The nominal exam fees is to be borne by the student.
10. WHAT HAPPENS IF THE STUDENT FAILS TO CLEAR THE SCREENING TEST?
- A student can appear any number of times for the screening test. However, generally students who pass the MD degree of an American System of Education is expected to clear this exam in the first attempt.
11. CAN I GET JOB IN GOVT. HOSPITALS OR ALLIED MEDICAL INSTITUTIONS IN INDIA?
- Yes, upon registration with MCI/ State Councils, the student is eligible for any Government job.
12. CAN A STUDENT TAKE USMLE?
- Yes, Graduates are eligible for appearing in USMLE.